These incidents really occurred! You can learn from these mistakes.
- After years of neglect and during a fire alarm survey, an inspection sales representative opened a fire control panel only to find a nest of spiders and other creepy creatures.
- A fire official once visited a hotel property only to learn that their fire alarm system had been unplugged due to nuisance alarms. The official then proceeded to disable their 1-800 reservation line until the system was repowered, inspected, problems corrected and had a green light.
- During a system survey, a smoke detector was heard chirping from the inside of a wall.
- At a manufacturing facility, five service tags from 5 different life safety vendors was found on one sprinkler riser.
- A fire extinguisher inspected on a college campus was coated in camouflage colors…so much so no one has found it since.
5 Scary Reasons Why You Need to Partner with a Professional Fire and Life Safety Company
- Clear, concise, specific and accurate are all words that describe a well presented test and inspection report that indicates the overall health of the system, what fire, sprinkler, and suppression devices passed and failed along with recommendations to make immediate repairs.
- How accessible is your inspection report? If the local AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) arrives on site, can you find your report within 5 minutes?
- A life and fire safety system should be inspected by a certified inspector possessing the appropriate NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies) certifications.
- Fire sprinkler tags along with inspection reports tell a story…is the story of your system healthy, sick or scary?
- How long has your current life and fire safety company been in business? It makes a difference.
Don’t Let These Horror Stories Happen to You! Contact us Today for a Free Life & Fire System Audit!