July 21, 2015
Why You Should Schedule a Fire Safety Inspection
Fire safety inspections are important to conduct for a residential space or a business. Fire safety inspections can help to ensure that equipment is operating properly and can help prevent any potential dangerous issues from occurring. There are many benefits that can arise from fire safety inspections. A primary advantage of fire safety inspections is that inspections can help to prevent fires from happening.
For example, fire safety inspections can involve checking for fire hazards within a building. Check out some more of the most common reasons to schedule fire safety inspections for a residence or commercial facility.
- Inspections involve checking smoke alarms to make sure they are working without an issue. Smoke alarms play a key role in preventing fires from spreading, and the alarms can warn building occupants about a fire that could be starting.
- A fire escape plan can be checked during a fire safety inspection to make sure it is a proper plan and to ensure it is updated.
- Fire pumps can be tested during a fire safety inspection process. The fire pump provides water for a fire protection system. It is a key part for system components such as fire sprinklers.
- Fire extinguishers can be checked when a fire safety inspection occurs. Fire extinguishers are important to keep you safe. If a fire does occur, fire extinguishers can avoid letting fires spread out and can try to eliminate the fire completely. Checking a fire extinguisher, which is a part of the fire safety system that typically lasts for a long time, is an important part of the fire safety inspection process.
- Exit signs and exit doors are also important parts of a fire safety system. They can be checked to make sure exits are safe and the right ways to go in case of a fire.
- A fire safety inspection can ensure that all equipment, such as smoke alarms and fire extinguishers, are located in the right places in the house or building.
- If there is an issue with any equipment, such as a fire alarm system, it can be fixed during the inspection process. It is important to make sure equipment works so that it can help in the case of a fire.
- Fire sprinklers are also essential parts of a fire protection system. They can be checked in an inspection. Fire sprinklers consist of water in pipes, and the sprinkler can spray water to control and eliminate flames that result from a potential fire. Fire sprinklers should be working properly, and they are key to a proper fire protection system. They can be very effective and beneficial in the case of a fire, and an inspection can ensure that they are working.
- A fire inspection can also involve checking equipment such as emergency lights. Emergency lights can help to make the environment safer and can ensure that the residential area or facility is prepared in case of a fire.
Fire safety inspections are important for life safety and for the maintenance of a property. Fire and Life Safety America provides a variety of fire safety services including fire safety inspections. The schedule for inspections can vary; FLSA offers weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly services for inspection. The schedule will vary based on the industry and building.
FLSA can provide assistance in a variety of industries including education, retail, hospitality, healthcare, and commercial industries. FLSA also offers installation services for equipment, such as sprinkler systems, to prepare your fire safety systems.
Contact FLSA for a fire safety inspection and for other assistance with fire safety equipment.