Fire sprinkler systems are an integral component of a well-balanced fire protection plan.
Given the need for safety and compliance with recognized standards, it’s essential to choose a partner you can depend on when it comes to inspection, testing, modification, or repairs to your Fire and Life Safety system(s).
Fire & Life Safety America’s (FLSA’s) Sprinkler Division delivers a new caliber of professionalism and expertise to every client, no matter the size of the company or the project at hand. Our staff consists of competent and attentive employees who provide an exceptional, unsurpassed level of service.
Our NICET-certified inspectors will perform a thorough inspection of your fire sprinkler system(s) while expediently providing you a comprehensive analysis of the operational condition so that you will be made aware of any system deficiencies that need attention. From that point, our team will apprise you of the associated costs to repair problems noted during the inspection, while also working closely with you to schedule and resolve noted deficiencies, helping ensure your system is always at its peak state of readiness.
With our reporting system, you reduce liability, have the potential to save on expensive insurance premiums, and have the ability to make informed, proactive decisions while minimizing potential disruption to your operations.
Beyond our years of industry experience and continuing education, our staff adheres to the Fire Code standards set forth on national, state, and local levels. We work hard to keep you compliant and safe. Above all, with FLSA as your Life Safety provider, you will have confidence knowing that your fire protection systems have been inspected and maintained according to industry best practices.
Attention to Details with Electronically Documented Inspections
FLSA offers our clients the most up to date and proficient reporting systems available. Powered by BuildingReports’ digital reporting and unique bar code technology, FLSA can provide accurate and comprehensive inspections that are fully documented in compliance with regulatory standards. Third-Party Verification ensures verifiable, trusted inspection results.
Your inspection report is delivered in real-time and stored in a secure online database. Results are instantly retrievable 24/7 from any location for flexible property management.
FLSA delivers device-specific reports with more detail than any other system, including:
- Executive Summary with inspection overview
- Colored Inspection Status Tags for immediate one-look indication
- Discrepancy Report showing manufacturer recalls and industry notifications
- Proposed Solutions with pricing and repair authorization
- Inspection and Testing with Date/Time of test verification for accountability
- Inventory and Warranty (aging) report
FLSA makes it easy for you to stay in compliance. Just log in, review your report, approve repairs, and have an audit trail of your inspections for up to five years. No more paper, no more worries. Unmatched accessibility puts your inspection reports at your fingertips to satisfy AHJs, Insurance Providers, and other facility management.
Ask your FLSA Safety Consultant if SprinklerScan® is the right fit for your facility.
Types of systems and components serviced:
- Wet systems
- Dry systems
- Pre-action systems
- Deluge systems
- High, medium, and low expansion foam systems (AFFF)
- ESFR fire sprinkler systems
- Fire pumps/fire pump controllers
- Backflow prevention
- Fire hydrants and underground fire service mains
- Standpipe systems
Highlights of our inspection and testing program:
- Inspect and test according to the most current NFPA standard
- Check sprinkler heads for position, condition, and obstructions
- Inspect control valves for position, condition, accessibility, and signage
- Conduct required water flow tests on systems, fire pumps, standpipes, and hydrants
- Inspect fire department connections
- Test sprinkler alarm components
- Fire sprinkler testing per NFPA 25 (dry heads 10 years, quick response 20 years, etc.)
- Check for spare sprinkler headbox and tools
- Inspect visible piping, hangers, drain valves, and gauges
- Test air compressors, pre-action valves, deluge valves, pilot lines, solenoids, and strainers
- Test low-pressure alarms, supervisory circuits, and auxiliary functions
- Inquire about system modifications or changes in storage that might affect system design criteria or sprinkler coverage
- Five-year internal inspections/obstruction investigations
- Tag system devices and document system readiness
- Provide a detailed, bound inspection report identifying any deficiencies, while also recommending any corrective measures with an estimated cost
- Code consulting/compliance
- Hazard/risk analysis
- Design/build budgeting
- Conceptual cost estimates
- Storage applications (rack, ESFR, etc.)
- Value engineering (VE) options
- Hydraulic calculations
- Corrosion management (MIC testing)
Other Fire Sprinkler Services:
- New fire sprinkler installations
- Fire sprinkler upgrades
- Tenant finish
- Sprinkler add/relocates
- Fireline underground
Our staff is available and ready to serve your every need and operational requirement 24/7. Critical repairs to sprinkler systems aren’t always required at the most opportune times. FLSA’s rapid response team works evenings (after hours) and even weekends to ensure interruption to your operation is minimal. Call on us 24 hours a day/7 days a week at 877.634.3572.
Whether you are in the preliminary stages of planning a project, are seeking an estimate for a design/build project, or have a specific proposal ready for pricing or sealed-bid, our design and sales team can provide problem-solving and project management skills from the concept phase through close out of the project.